Powers and Origins
In the superhero genre, each super has an origin – how they got to be a superhero and how they got their powers. In “Heroic Us,” we are playing ourselves with the same history we have now; we will gain our powers simultaneously and mysteriously. One of the things the characters may want to explore is how or why they got these powers out of the blue.
Normally a superhero has just one set of powers that define them. In “Heroic Us” we will each have one set of powers, BUT, we will quickly learn that we can swap them with our teammates.
Here is the list of power sets I am envisioning so far. I am open to input. I was thinking we’d think of at least twice as many as we need so we have some for the villains.
- Vision Set. The character with this power set has peak human senses and improved reaction time all the time. The character can concentrate to “look for” people, places or things and view/sense them remotely, knowing exactly where they are. The character can concentrate and focus on one other person to make that person view/sense remotely instead.
- Air Set. The character with this power set can control air. He/she doesn’t need to breathe. The character can concentrate to create and maintain whirlwinds, hurricanes, tornadoes or areas of vacuum. The character can concentrate to fly, using high powered air to lift themselves.
- Healing Set. The character with this power set reverses the affects of advanced aging on themselves and those around them. The character can concentrate to cure the non-genetic ailments of others. The character causes growing pains in other when he/she heals them which can incapicate.
- Light Set. The character with this power set can control light and is immune to light related injuries (including sunburn!). The character can concentrate and focus to create and maintain illusions or make a person or area invisible. The character can causes light to focus into lasers.
- Kinetics. The character with this power set has complete control of how his/her body moves, giving him/her the coordination and athletic prowess limited only by his/her imagination. The character can fly. The character can concentrate and apply any amount of force through a touch. The character can concentrate and bounce physical attacks.
- Warp. With a touch, the character with this power set can create anchor points in space attached to an person, place or object. The character can form gateways of any size between any two of these anchor points.
Powers Everyone Has: All super powered characters have a localized partial immunity to the powers of others. If someone shoots a laser at them or tries to heal them, a powered character the power will be at greatly reduced levels. A laser that could burn through a building will diffuse a yard away from the target and may not cause any harm at all. I’m not intending there to be fights amongst the player character, but I do intend for their to be villains whose power origin are the same or very similiar to the heroes.
Powers of those with the Healer: because of the nature of the healer’s powers, those around him/her start to grow closer to their peak selves. This doesn’t mean that they will automatically have a tremendous physique and become athletic, but it does mean that even sunday-athelete workouts will show tremendous rewards.